Saturday, May 26, 2007

Poop on my lawn

I took a dump on my lawn today. I took another one in my garden. Actually, I should give credit where credit is due. Millions of worms took a dump on my lawn and garden today. Allow me to explain. After reading the insanely interesting EcoOptions spring edition magazine from Home Depot I became determined to acquire TerraCycle Worm Poop. Basically, this small company started by 2 Princeton graduates gets millions of worms to poop and then liquefies their poop into organic liquid fertilizer for lawns and gardens. It is mixed with a small amount of natural fertilizer and tea compost. It is stored in recycled pop bottles that have a hose cap on it so you can just spray it on your lawn. So I finally bought some today and I am very impressed. Very easy to use and fairly affordable. Enough fertilizer to give me 8 weeks worth of applications (once every 2 weeks) only cost $20. Furthermore, it gives me the warm fuzzy feeling of being environmentally friendly. And apparently, in studies done at the Rutgers University test garden, it actually outperformed some chemical fertilizers. Unfortunately, Scotts, the makers of Miracle-Gro, a multi-million dollar corporation, is now suing the makers of WormPoop for making their product look too similar to MiracleGro. What a bunch of asses. Oh well. Hopefully it gets nowhere. I’ll keep you up to date on the success I get with this product. Goodness knows I need all the help I can get in the garden.

No comments: